• When it rains...it spits.

    It's still raining. Dang it! Word on the street is that the sun might be seen on Tuesday. I hope. Check out this sign. It was in the entry to the diner we ate at the night before the race. If only the rain could read.

    So, the race on Saturday was a good test of equipment. I am pretty excited to be on the Rush for '06. The NRS was a great bike, but it was an XC bike turned into a enduro bike. The Rush is strait up enduro bike all the way. The positioning is a bit more upright, and the angles of the frame are more relaxed. Racing the NRS was not a problem for me the past 5 years. The biggest thing that I notice between the 2 bikes is the aftermath. Typing this on Tuesday, I can say that I am not as sore as I normally am after a hard 12 hour effort. The plush suspension, and the ass nirvana of the new Fizik Nisene saddle come together to create the ultimate 12/24 hour tool.

    After the event, I followed the directions layedout by Recover-Ease for post race usage. Normally, you take 4 pills after a training ride/race. After the event I took 8. I woke up on Sunday morning and felt really good. Yes I still had a bit of soreness, but my legs were not heavy and sluggish. Could I have gone out on Sunday and did some riding? Sure, but I was working at the shop. Just standing around i felt fine...which I normally do not after such an effort.

    As for the 12 hour race on Saturday, i was happy with my performance. There are a few things I need to hone in on, but that can all be achieved thru some specific training drills. Starting this Thursday, the Bike Tech Team is starting the Mountain Bike TT Series. This is great! We have always had road TT's here in town, but now us mud freaks can go show our stuff. I hope we get some good turn outs for these events. Hey, and best of all...it's only $1. Word.

    Time to do the anti-rain dance.

    This is what happens after a 12 hour effort. I swear I don't know any better.