• Diadora: Early Thoughts

    So I have been on the Diadora Team Racer MTB Carbon for about a month now. Diadora is not new in the States, but it does have a new USA distibutor...Cannondale. So, if you go hunting for Diadora shoes you will need to make your way to your local Cannondale dealer.

    These shoes are "lookers." You will gain attention. Not only to they look good, but they perform just as well.


    One of the highlights of these shoes is the latch on the outer side of the shoe. One flick of the lever and the shoe is tightened up by on notch. The latch has numerous positions, so finding the desired tightness for your foot is unlimited.


    To get even more of a custom fit, just latch the 2 velcro straps at the desired tightness. I find all of these adjustments a high "need" for a rider such as myself where I have different seasons to ride in. So when you switch socks for a different temperature range, you can adjust the fit of the shoe. BONUS!

    Do you have wide feet? I would look into these shoes as an option. Diadora's have a wider front foot area than what i am used to. Does this hinder the performance? Nope, just use the 3 adjustment straps mentioned above and be on your merry way.


    Power to the pedal! When you open up the shoe, and take out the insole, the first thing you see is carbon fiber. Most manufac. put the carbon inside the shoe sole where you cant see it. Diadora on the otherhand, puts it as close to the foot as they can. This is cool, cause the carbon is ergo shaped to the human foot, so there is no need for custom footbeds for that one-of-a-kind fit. This is one of the things that first stood out to me. I have ran Shimano shoes for the past 5 years. I can tell you that there is a difference in the way the 2 brands of shoes fit. The Diadora shoes seems more thought out. Don't get me wrong, I never had problems with my Shimano shoes, but the Diadora shoes appear to be in it for the long haul for form, fit, and comfort.


    Fit for a king. The Diadora Team Racer MTB Carbon is an option to look into if you are in the need for a high performance mtb bike shoe with an attitude. More thoughts to come in the later months as I get some race time on them.

    So far....so good!

    Gulp.....
    Gulp.....
    Ahhhhhhhh....
    [internal monolog: "Coffee is goooooooood."]

    For those of you racing the Oauchita Challenge I found another kick butt video of the course.