• I got my hours in.

    1 degree F outside temps don't exactly scream to me "base miles outside". I needed to get in 3 hours of saddle time today. So the only other option is YMCA spin bikes. That's what I did. I hit the spin bike before the spin classes do do some leg speed drills, then at a hair after 9 AM I joined the Spin Class. There was a rather large group today...about 10 or so. Carl-Dale even joined in on the fun. Looking at how red his face was after the session, I think he got "worked". Today's class did a lot of standing drills. Who stands up for 5 minutes at a time? Really? Who does? I managed to push it out at a high rpm to keep the legs snappy. This time of the year for me is all about time in the saddle and leg speed. No anerobic session just yet. I was able to get in my saddle time today. And by how my legs feel at this very moment I think I might be sore. Well just have to see.

    Random Mode: ON

    Oooooo, I must have this.



    For those of you in the Waterloo/Cedar Falls area check this out. If you need gear for gifts or yourself you need to get down to the shop this Saturday from 7 AM to 9 AM. Yep, you read that right. Pretty much everything in the shop is on sale...including 2006 bikes! Plus, there is free food and drink. Why wouldn't you stop. Carl-Dale will be there.


    That is all for now. Got some Trans-Iowa V.2 stuff to tend to. Park Tool just offered up some goodies for the children of the gravel.
    .