• Day of Rest.

    Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. I am refreshed.

    Sunday, the day of rest. Nothing going on for me today but going to the shop to sell the crap-ola out of XC skis. This will be the 2nd weekend in a row where we have sold through our stock of XC ski goodness. It's good to see. I remember the first 2 years at Europa when we never sold through the inventory. Well, we get some snow, and POOF, all the skis go bye-bye.

    If you live under a rock or in a van down by the river, you most likely didn't know that Trans-Iowa V.2 is filled. Yesterday it opened...and yesterday it filled. It was a crazy process highlighted by a moments of heart stopping fun. Let me show you....

    7:00 AM: I wake up to see that some people had registered over night. WHAT! I go over to online registration and shut it down. A few people got in, and then spread the word over the Internet like wildfire. That then led to the e-mail/phone carnage.

    11:00 AM: I go to the shop to work. Before I got there, and while I was there, the phone had rang from people wondering if the race was filled. Oh, don't forget about the e-mails in my in-box from people wondering if the race is full. I think I answered like 100 e-mails in an hour.

    12:55 PM: 5 minutes till registration goes online. Bang! A circut blows at work and all the computers shut down. Ahhhhhhhhh! I am freak'n out and pacing like mad. At one minute after 1 PM, registration goes live once we get the computer going again. In the matter of 15 minutes 30 people register. Over the next 2.5 hours the race would fill up.

    It was fun sitting at work and watching in real-time the people registering for this event. It took over an hour to register the last 10 spots, so those who didn't get in have no room to complain. There was plenty of time. Should be a good event. There are a few returning from last year, but most are newbies. Should be one epic race.

    Here are few "bigger" names who signed up for the event: Mike Curiak, Matt Chester

    Keep in mind, it's not the fast racer who wins. But rather the one who plans and trains the best.

    50% mental...50% fitness

    HERE is a great video clip for any and all cyclsits out there.

    Have a great Sunday!