• Frigid Base

    OK...

    I am so pumped that 24 Hour NORBA Nationals are going to be in Wisconsin this year. The venue in northern WI is where I did my first 24 hour event. The first time I raced there, I placed 1 lap down to Tinker to finish 2nd. The last 2 years I have raced there, I have had bad luck: pulled muscle and then stomach issues. Maybe this year is my year to finally win this thing. Who knows? All the prep leading up to this event will tell.


    Speaking of prep...
    Todays workout needed to included the following things. One...low to moderate HR. Two...aerobic activity...whether it be stairmaster, running, or bike time. And three...2 hours in duration.

    So I opted for some bike time with Carl. I kept the HR low and leg speed high. Here are some pictures from this AM's 27 degee F road ride.







    Now, I have some Trans-Iowa V.2 stuff to take care of, and I have to suck down some black oil goodness.

    Anyone local want to gravel grind tomorrow in the AM? JY? Adamson? Anyone?

    I know where I am going to do my clothes shopping...